Proper Roof Installation for Maximum Metal Roof Performance
Let’s take a look at the critical importance of proper installation of your home’s roof. One thing we often say is that we’d rather have a mediocre-quality product that has been properly installed over our heads than the world’s best roofing product that has been improperly installed!
Installation is an Overriding Factor in Metal Roof Performance
When it comes to the successful performance of a roofing system, proper installation is more important than anything else. But, when it comes to buying a metal roof, proper installation can be the hardest thing to find. Horror stories about improperly-installed metal roofs and disappointed customers abound on the Metal Roofing Alliance Ask The Experts site where our own Anthony Juarez regularly answers questions and helps people with concerns.
You may wonder why, if metal roofing is such a great thing, are there so many problems out there. We attribute it to the fact that metal roofing has been a very fast-growing industry. With significant growth over the past 15 years, metal now has a 13% share of the North American residential roofing market. It is now the second most-used roofing material on homes, having surpassed tile. This has caused many contractors, suppliers, installers, and even manufacturers to jump into a “metal roofing game” without a clue what they’re doing. This practice upsets us greatly and is precisely why we spend so much time helping guide homeowners to wise roofing decisions.
Seeking a Worry-Free Metal Roofing Future?
Driven by the principles of good design, solid engineering, and exemplary customer service instilled in us by our founder, Anthony Juarez, we have always seen metal roofing as a complex and necessary thing, not the “fad of the year.” We have sought the latest technology and equipment and developed training programs and installation methods and flashings that help ensure our customers of the worry-free roofing futures they are seeking.
Part of that includes our training programs and our careful tracking of experienced metal roofing contractors and installers. We encourage homeowners to reach out to us and ask about contractors in their area. We will be happy to share what we know and who we know. Beyond that, we also suggest following these steps to achieving a reliable and secure metal roof installation:
- Look for independent contractor recommendations from the manufacturer of the metal roof system you like best.
- Inquire as to the training and experience level of the installers who will be working on your roof.
- Ask for copies of licenses, training certificates, and insurances held by your contractor.
- Request the written workmanship warranty provided by your contractor.
- Send photos of the installation in-process to the roofing manufacturer for their feedback. Many of the finer and most critical details of a proper metal roof installation end up hidden beneath the surface of the completed job.
- Look for help and guidance from industry experts.
We hope you’ll contact us early in your search for the right roof. We’re a proven industry leader and are here to help you in any way possible.